Friday, June 13, 2014

Cross Country Adventure: Kansas to North Carolina part 1

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I decided to move to North Carolina. We had been living in Tennessee, but it was time to move on. We decided that we would go visit his parents in Kansas first, and then head on to North Carolina from there.  He ended up having to go through Georgia, while I cut across from Kansas to Missouri, Tennessee, and finally Fayetteville, North Carolina.  I didn't get to stop in a lot of places due to some time constraints, but I researched some key locations that I wanted to see.  After leaving the in-laws' place, we ventured to Kansas City, home of the most amazing library I've ever seen.  I then ventured south to the Springfield, Missouri area to hang out for a couple of days with my friend Amanda (you may remember her from the Madagascar and RĂ©union adventures). She showed me around her farm and we ventured to the observatory right outside of Springfield where we got to see Jupiter and Saturn.
driving over a bridge


Chrysalis at the Great Bend Zoo, Kansas

working in the Family workshop, Kansas



Kansas City Public Library, Kansas City, Missouri







The Observatory Springfield, Missouri


Feeding the chickens with Copper  Springfield, Missouri

Jefe

Speckle, Amanda's favorite chicken

Waiting for a train in Illinois



No comments:

Post a Comment