Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bannack, Montana

 
My mom and I took a trip to Bannack back in 2012.  I have rediscovered these images and have decided to repost them from an older blog of mine.  Bannack is one of those places that I could photograph for weeks and be perfectly content. I fell in love with it.
 
Bannack.... Montana's Territorial Capitol from the 1800's.  People lived in Bannack clear up to the 1970's, and several of the houses had the wallpaper to prove it.  I found a lot of things to enjoy in this wonderful town.  As I was walking down the street, the Old West town that it was seemed to spring to life.  Walking through the Hotel, I felt that I could live in that building and be content for the rest of my life.  Bannack is a beautifully preserved town, and I'm excited to explore it some more in the future.  




Stove

Broken Down Hutch

Green and Yellow Door

Inside the Hotel 

Hotel Mead

Masonic Temple

Red Door

Schoolhouse

Schoolhouse

Sewing Machine

Grand Staircase in Hotel Mead

Window View

Rickety Staircase 

No comments:

Post a Comment