Friday, June 13, 2014

Anaconda, Montana

Anaconda is one of my favorite places on Earth.  It could be because my family is from there and I have a lot of childhood memories in the area.  Once upon a time it was considered for the capital of the state of Montana but was passed up for Helena.  It was also the center for smelting the things coming out of nearby Butte, Montana.  The Smokestack is still the world's largest free standing mason structure, and you can always see it when you get close to the town.  These images are from Christmas.  The ice rink, known as The Commons, is the centerpiece of the town during Christmas.  I partially learned how to skate here and on nearby Georgetown and Silver lakes as a kid.

The chickadees are from right outside my Grandma's window.  Chickadees are one of my favorite birds, and when I'm at Gramma Lu's, I like to sit in her chair near the giant picture window and watch them flit around and fight with chipmunks.















No comments:

Post a Comment