Monday, August 19, 2013

Land Between the Lakes: Hummingbirds

This weekend I ventured to the Land Between the Lakes National Park on the Tennessee and Kentucky borders.  A narrow strip of land surrounded by two lakes, Land Between the Lakes contains hiking trails, deer, buffalo, and millions of hummingbirds.  I ventured to LBL for a Sunday drive, and at the visitor's centers encountered several of these delightful birds.  I have inherited the love of bird watching from my mother, and felt like an excited child as I watched the hummingbirds flit around the sugar feeders, chirping at each other, and occasionally attacking one another.  I only spotted one male, and unfortunately, didn't get a very clear picture of him.  I included three blurry images of him only so that you can see the difference between him and the females.  This was my first time photographing hummingbirds, and really the first time I've ever been able to watch them, so it was a great weekend experience.













No comments:

Post a Comment