Thursday, August 1, 2013

Washington D.C.

It's been about four months since I've been back in the States, and I've done very little traveling.  So it was with great excitement that I went to Washington D.C. over the 4th of July weekend.  I had never been to my nation's capital, and it was really great finally seeing the monuments that I had read so much about.  The Washington Monument looked wider than I had imaged, but that was mostly due to scaffolding covering the structure.  I took in the fireworks show at the National Mall, spent hours studying photographs and national treasures in the various Smithsonians, and toasted my favorite president (Lincoln) with a mini chocolate cupcake bought at Sprinkles Cupcakery.  The trip was short, but I had a great time nonetheless.



Protester outside of the White House. His sign says, "Obama's Banana Republic."











Jefferson Memorial




View down the National Mall from the Lincoln Memorial







Korean War Memorial












No comments:

Post a Comment